Sunday, August 17, 2014

Divergent

Divergent
by Veronica Roth

In Beatrice Prior's society, 16 year old's are divided up into five factions. There's Candor (the honest), Abnegation (the selfless), Amity (the peaceful), Dauntless (the brave), and Erudite (the intelligent).  If you choose the faction you are not from, you don't get to see your family again. When she takes her test to determine which factor that would be right for her, a very unlikely thing happens. Now she must choose which faction to go to. Her decision even surprises herself. Her life changes drastically, and it will never ever be the same.


My Review
Okay, so I'm going to be very blunt with you in this review. I might mention things that may not be appropriate for young children. Now I'll continue. :)
So this book had an amazing story line to it! I love alternate society books, so this was right up my alley!! I loved the characters and the author made me feel like I was actually there.. I'm not even joking. It felt like I jumped right into Beatrice's shoes and was somehow a part of her life. Weird, I know.
Anyways, I read this book in about a day and it was close to 500 pages. I could not put it down!!!
But,
there were some parts in it. Like naughty scenes, I guess you could say. Nothing actually "happened" though (if you know what I mean). Let's just say it was a bit to descriptive when it got to the romance scenes. I was glad though, that they didn't make that the main focus of the book. I'm a very cautious reader so I thought I would share this info since I would've loved to have known that when I was reading it. I sorta skimmed over those parts so it wasn't that bad. I guess, mostly it was just intense kissing.
 Nonetheless, it was a great book and I hope the romance part above doesn't scare you from it.
Next comes,
Violence.
It was a violent book. I don't think it was quite as violent as The Hunger Games though. (I haven't read The Hunger Games, so I'm just guessing.) I normally don't read violent books, but this one I could actually handle. Though, I will never look at a butter knife the same...again! lol! Even though it was violent I still liked it which really surprised me! I am not the sort of girl who reads the new, popular books but I was really curious about this one. So I read it and really enjoyed it.

For those who have already read it, select the blankish, pink text below as if you are going to copy it. This is how you can see what I thought of it.
I loved the book! Ugh, butter knife!?! Anywho, I was so sad when she accidentally killed Will!! I was so sad! The way the author wrote made me feel like I was experiencing everything! It will take me a while to function in our real society now. ;) 

Romance: Yes, read above for detail.  
Violence: Yes!
Language:  A little.
 Genre: Sci-fi, Alternate Society.
Age: 12 and up.

I believe it deserves four stars. Haha, Four! *inside joke* I would of rated it higher if there wasn't as much romance/violence stuff in it.

5 comments:

  1. Nice review! Divergent is a great book but I agree with you! And, the part with the butter knife was kind of creepy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've read it and I was really scared of the butter knife! It took me a while to stop shaking! LOL!

      Delete
  2. I. LOVE. DIVERGENT. I finish it in a night! Oh and great review ( and *inside joke* :)
    -xoxo
    June | http://weezasjournal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love divergent! I ship Fourtris but I like them fighting! Is that weird? haha Have you read the FOUR book yet?

    Cathy | HELLO, CATHY

    ReplyDelete